You may recall from earlier posts I changed the speedo cable and that didn't fix the problem so a job that has been on the to do list for ages is to replace the speedometer. Found the right model New Old Stock (NOS) on ebay in the states so time to change it out.
Tonight I pulled out the old one and had a play at resetting the odometer readings as I want to keep it consistent.
Old one in very sorry state.
Out and opened up.
Strip the dials.
And back together, lots of pieces, glad I practiced with the old one.
Next . . . . . . New speedo as soon as it arrives and I then have to re-do it again but for real.