One of the jobs that has been due for a long time is sorting out all my nuts and bolts. I have had a plastic sorting boxes for years but they have always laid on a shelf and not been as organised as I wanted. So a few sheets of plywood and a but of time with table saw and a router and sorted !.
So what is in them all.
Top shelf is for small assortment boxes :-
- Circlips, Split pins, Rivet Nuts, ‘O’Rings, clevis pins, roll pins and springs.
Then in the boxes on the regular shelves one for each :-
- Small screws and self tapping screws.
- Large screws and raw plugs
- Metric nuts and bolts M10 and bigger
- Metric nuts and bolts M8 and smaller
- Imperial nuts and bolts.
- Electrical bits, fuses, relays and heat shrink.
- Electrical crimp terminals.
- Hose clamps and air fittings.
- Abrasive paper (in A4 folder).
- Pop rivets and staples.
- Plastic body clips.
These are the parts boxes I use. They are a bit flimsy but gluing in the orange removable dividers solved that problem.
The shelves are just screwed and glued into dado grooves I routed into the sides.
Castors to keep it mobile to take to the track.
An a lock, not that I don;t trust you but ......
Next . . . . . . . Not sure.