Wednesday, February 2, 2011

iSpanner 2.0 aka GearWrench Flex Spanners

Hi All,

I've had my eyes open for some ratchet spanners for a while now I've only ever once seen a set of 5 metric stanly ones in ACE. Not bad but 5 pieces isn't not enough and I need Imperial as well.

After a bad night under the bonnet and busting open my knuckles (again) I caved in and hit the WWW.
So thanks to Amazon in the USA and Aramex Shop'n'Ship I soon had these winging there way over to me. Not cheap and nearly 10kg of shipping weight but !

A 16 pcs Metric and a 13 pcs Imperial set GearWrench Flexhead ratcheting spanners.

They come in nice spanner racks so fit in draws nicely

From Small to Large

Straight to right angles (built in spring washer applies tension to keep the angle you set).


I've had these for a few jobs now and it is true, you get what you pay for and "GearWrentch" were the inventors of ratchet spanners.
These ratchet very smoothly, and only 5 degrees of movement so even a small turn and they'll work.
According to the maker they are built to the same strength specs as normal spanners, however they recommend not to use them to bust out seized fasteners, so NO DOUBLE WRENTCHING.
As these are flex head your able to get into all the tight spaces.
I wonder how I managed before not sure I'll need a traditional 1/2" ratchet much anymore.





Now I'll try to be a good boy and no more shiny buying for a while.
But I do have my eye on some Snap On screwdrivers ;-)

UPDATE :-
I recently did my gearbox cross mounts and there is a set of nuts that are "impossible" to get at.
People even drill big holes in the cross member to get at them.
But not with these babies ! BINGO straight on and ratchet, ratchet 6 degrees at a time and tight !


Cheers,
Richard B.

EDIT :
Somebody else likes them too !


No comments:

Post a Comment