To cope with the heat out here in the desert I wanted to fit an upgraded radiator . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . Okay confession time and not cool the car slipped off the jack and the radiator took the brunt. (Moral of the story trolley jacks don't work well on block paving as they need to roll.)
A perfect hit from the jack.
Anyway here is new one. The original is a three core local made job by the prior owner, okay but not great. The new one is a 5 core high flow unit so will give better cooling as well.
Out she comes, disconnect the division plate but the oil cooler lines means it has to stay in the bay.
(Removing the division plate would have made things a lot easier.)
A complete engine "valet" in in the plan but while in there I pulled the fan for a bit of a refresh as well.
Much nicer, or is it !
The fan has a slight cut out on the edge / ends of the blades and numpty me didn’t check properly and 50:50 chance I put it in wrong way around, not cool.
Bolted it all back up and turned key argh ! Thankfully it is an all brass radiator so a small solder repair and good to go.
This is correct !
First remove-replace took around three hours (including the paint job), were as the second time was about an hour all in !
So all back in, looks good.
I also changed the fan belt and tensioned it correctly, however after test drive this resulted in a slight leak at top bolt which was loose and the belt tension created the leak. Nipped this up and fingers crossed all solved.
Next . . . . New correct lenght Speedo Cable came was also in the parts package.
p.s. I was bl00dy hot ! essential tool :