Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Steering Wheel - Sneak Peak

Hi All,

Sneak peak at ongoing project.

The car already has a reproduction MotaLita wooden steering wheel, however at Christmas my Dad kindly gave me an original steering wheel of his old MG.
This is both original vintage and a family heirloom so it's very cool and very special.
 
Only down side is that it's cracked.

I've managed to get it welded but with a big bead of weld.
 
Out with the files, wet and dry and dremel and we are getting there.

I think it looks go so far
 
Rest of the wheel still to do, more wet''n'dry, polishing, sort the wood and give the back of the boss some crackle paint.

Cheers,
Richard B.

Next . . . . Seats. Actually there are out at the moment and I've already done the base, just got to put them back in.

1 comment: