As I mentioned in earlier post, Safety First so after fixing seat belts it was on to the brakes.
I'd recently had a soft pedal, followed by a really soft pedal and no brakes.
A top up of fluid solved it short term but now it was time to rebuild the brakes.
Judging by some of the stuff I've found so far, I wasn't sure what I'd find but to my surprise they were in okay condition. But I had to trace the lost fluid and I'd ordered new pads and seals all round.
As i opened them up, tad rusty but okay.
Internals in good condition, pleanty of meat left. However not sure where the shoes came from as they look like they are rebonded local made jobs.
Deglazing the inside of the drum, both it and the shoes were badly polished.
Coat of heat resistant paint to make it look nice.
Overhauled the cylinders and pistons, all new seals and bleeders.
All rebuilt with new shoes, pistons / cylinders done and adjuster stripped, cleaned and rebuilt.
The finished article.